[geeks] WAP54G vs. WRT54GS: Sessoin Problems

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 00:05:33 CDT 2006

Hi.

I'm running a variety of wireless hardware, all Linksys, and I've
noticed a difference between the behavior of the WAP54G and the WRT54GS.
  When I connect to a wired server from my wireless laptop via the
WAP54G, "who" reports my correct origin as my laptop.  If I connect to
the same server via my WRT54GS, it shows my connection as originating
from the WRT54GS.

Also, if I try to walk from one WAP54G to another, my sessions don't
reset.  If I walk from a WAP54G to a WRT54GS, however, my sessions crash
out.

Anyone know if there's a way I can get my WRT54GS to behave like my
WAP54G?  All of my hardware has Sveasoft firmware on it, but I could go
to stock firmware on the WRT54GS if it will fix the problem.

Peace...  Sridhar