[geeks] PCI SCSI Cards for Mac under OS X

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Wed May 11 17:21:26 CDT 2005

On 5/11/05, Phil Brutsche <phil at tux.obix.com> wrote:
> Ido Dubrawsky wrote:
> > What PCI SCSI cards are supported under OS 10.2 - Tiger?  Adaptec
> > seems to have stopped supporting Macs so I was wondering if anyone can
> > give recommendations on PCI SCSI cards for Macs that are supported
> > under OS 10.2 - Tiger.  It's a pet project of getting OS X on an
> > upgraded 8600.
>
> ATTO cards are supported under current OS X releases.
>
> They use various Symbios Logic/LSI Logic chipsets. Generic PC-oriented
> cards may work with their drivers, if you don't need to boot off the
> SCSI card.

Not all versions.  I have a couple in storage that are not supported.
Sorry, no access to check model #'s, but I am sure the ATTO folks
would tell you if you asked.  They sent me email regarding firmware
flashing on 3-4 year old cards when I pinged support.

There is a manufacturer of PCI SCSI RAID that supports Macs, too.
I don't know if they make non-RAID or not; I'll dig around in the book-
marks when I get home.

I dunno if that Adaptec rumor is for real or not.

=Nadine=