[geeks] explain these ibook screens please

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Wed Mar 30 13:58:40 CST 2005

Obviously you couldn't really see through an iPod or a CRT, but
I remember seeing a line of laptops that allowed you to remove the
plastic panel on the back of the screen and tilt the LCD over an
overhead projector for presentations.  On my desk here at work I
also have two clocks that let me see through the LCD panel.  One
just has the hands floating in (cloudy) space and the other has
a regular LCD display with a small picture frame below it where
you put a picture behind the LCD panel and the panel does various
patterns that cover varying amounts of the picture.  I think a
transparent laptop panel COULD be done with the correct LCD panel,
but I doubt anyone is really doing it for laptops.  It probably makes
it very hard to see in various lighting configurations.

-DanD

# An unbreakable toy can be used to break other toys.