[geeks] *sigh*

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 18:15:00 CST 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:28:26 -0600, Mike Parson <mparson at bl.org> wrote:

> If you have 2 displays and only one keyboard and mouse, give synergy a
> shot (synergy2.sourceforge.net).

Synergy is cool.  It took me longer to re-arrange the desk that it did to
get it installed and working.

I need to see about building the newer version than the one in the Gentoo
sparc64 tree.  Even without the latest/greatest improvements, it's worked
wonders for getting me into a better working setup--the ergonomics were
all out of whack the way it was set up before.

> A few of my friends have given NEO (www.emailorganizer.com) great
> reviews. (oversimplified) Its a shell on top of Outlook, gives you a
> powerful search interface, helps you organize your mail, etc.  It does
> NOT mess with anything underneath the covers, if you don't like it, you
> uninstall it, your mail is still all there, nothing lost.

I looked at the manual--132 pages is a bit daunting, but the fact that it's
not a freebie makes it pretty well impossible for me.  Work insists on
Exchange,  but we can't get jack to make it more workable for us. *bleh*

=Nadine=