[geeks] *sigh*

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Mar 28 09:46:46 CST 2005

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 09:28:26AM -0600, Mike Parson wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 12:31:26AM -0500, velociraptor wrote:
> > On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 18:43:27 -0600, Mike Parson <mparson at bl.org>wrote:
> >> (Evolution + Exchange-connector from Ximian^WNovell)
> >>
> >> Its not really MAPI, its closer to doing the same XML exchange that
> >> happens between OWA and the Exchange server when you're using IE.
> >> The first hint of this is that when configuring the connector, you
> >> point it at the OWA URL.  It works, but it gets pokey when you're
> >> looking at a folder with a lot of messages in it, and it tends to
> >> lock up from time to time (often enough that the "kill `ps -aux| grep
> >> [e]vo`" is easily found in my shell history).
> >
> > I was under the impression that it was not free, but maybe I am
> > mistaken.
>
> It used to be pay-ware, but when Novell bought out Ximian, they gave it
> away for free.

What version of evolution do you need to have the connector for free?  I
have 1.4.5, and I can't seem to make it work.

I have a license bought in the Redhat 9 days running on Redhat 7.3 (we
had some compatibility problems and went back to 7.3 until they could be
worked out), but when I upgraded to RHEL 3 I couldn't seem to bring the
connector license along.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net