[geeks] Shipping from NY to South Africa?

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Tue Mar 22 10:49:01 CST 2005

Hi all

I've recently purchased myself an Ultra 2 on ePay, but I'm having a
bit of grief getting it shipped from New York to South Africa. The
seller is pretty accomodating shipping wise, but I can't seem to find
anyone who can ship it for anything less than around $400! UPS, DHL
and FedEx are ridiculous (up to $700 for their _cheapest_ shipping
method!) and USPS won't ship it Global Express because it's too big
(24"x24"x15"), just a bit bigger than their maximum permitted size.

Help! Does anyone know of any other reputable shipping companies I can
check out? I really want this machine (the seller has offered me a
refund, but I'm in dire need of this machine as a new mail server and
proxy). Even surface shipping will be OK.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mj.turner.org.za/
mj at turner.org.za    | Open Source in WC ZA - http://www.clug.org.za/