[geeks] OSX Server

David Cummings real.psyence at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 16:09:40 CST 2005

Not to mention in terms of heat-related stresses, thermal-cycling is
worse for fatigue than constant elevated temp. Same reason they
recommend you leave non-portable boxen on rather than power-cycling
them constantly.
-Dave

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:01:16 -0600 (CST), Jonathan C. Patschke
<jp at celestrion.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Brian Dunbar wrote:
>
> > Query - the G4 has been 'on' for several months now, and rebooted only
> > when required to for system updates.  Is it a wiser policy to power it
> > down if I know I'm not going to need it overnight?
>
> Nope, OS X schedules maintenance and tidying-up to take place overnight.
>
> --
> Jonathan Patschke   )   "Trying is the first step towards failure."
> Elgin, TX          (                                  --Ben
> USA                 )                                   (in #posix)

The way that can be named is not the Way.