[geeks] shrinking a storedge l60 to a l20 (hp 6/60 to 2/20)

Jeremy heffner+sh at jhgcworks.com
Fri Mar 11 04:17:44 CST 2005

Greetings-

I'm curious to hear if anyone has shrunk a Sun StorEDGE L60 library to a
L20?  That would be the same as shrinking a HP 6/60 to a 2/20.  I only
have 14 tapes in the library, and I'd much rather reclaim the space in
the rack.  Its a library for one of my server at work, and I'm lucky I
have that many tapes for it!  Unfortunately, no parts will be rescuable.
In any case, I've been reading the docs for upgrading it, and it looks
like it should be simply the reverse of it -- mostly just removing the
vertical rails and motor from the transport cage.  Anyone ever tried
this?

Thanks,
-jeremy