[geeks] FS: 1Ghz Mini-ITX system

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Mar 4 18:48:58 CST 2005

My better half surprised me with a Mac Mini today as an anniversary
present, so my next-to-last mini-ITX x86 system is up for grabs.

Pictures:
http://www.mrbill.net/photos/mini-itx/ (its sitting under the printer)

- Aluminum small-form-factor case (see http://www.directron.com/sf103.html)
- Via EPIA V10000A (1Ghz C3 CPU) motherboard with audio, LAN, onboard
  video, USB, PS/2, and a single PCI slot.
- 512M RAM (2 x 256M PC133), and I'll include two more Kingston 256M PC133
  sticks because I don't have anything left for them to go into.  Will take
  1G total if you replace the two 256 sticks with a pair of 512s.
- 80G IDE HD
- CD-ROM

For over six months, this machine did my nightly backups using rsync
and rsnapshot over SSH.  I've not had any hardware problems at all.

18:36:55 up 15 days, 23:43,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Runs Linux just fine (currently has FC3 installed; I can reinstall the
freely-available OS of your choice before shipping), and can make a
good low-end Windows machine in a pinch.
,
My total cost new for all the parts was over $300.

I'm asking $175, shipping included.

Bill

--
bill bradford