[geeks] FS: Yamaha MagicStomp guitar effects box

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri Mar 4 11:28:28 CST 2005

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 11:19:35AM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 11:55:09AM -0500, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> > > I've got all the original manuals, etc, and maybe even the original box.
> > > I paid $149; will let go for $100 (shipping included).
> > Now does it compare to the Vamp 2 you had?
>
> Simpler to operate.  Better construction.
>
> > Do you use it plugged into a guitar amp, or into a computer or stereo?
>
> Guitar -> Magicstomp -> amp
>
> > I'm still wavering between a Vamp pro and a Line6 Pod, with some
> > thoughts that there might be other things to consider as well.
>
> I'd go for the Pod if I had to decide between the two.

Yeah, but the floor board is very expensive.  With the Magic stomp, no
floor board is needed, and with the Vamp pro, the floor board is fairly
cheap.

The POD 2.0 is very lovely though, and I probably just need to find the
money for it's floor board.

I wish I had the money to nicely get two amps and individual pedels.
But, oh well.  That wouldn't be so portable anyway.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/