[geeks] Job openings DC Metro

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 11:05:36 CDT 2005

If anyone out there is interested, we now have two
senior SA openings on our team, and one mid-/jr-
opening.

It's a large government agency, so you must be a
US citizen.  You must also pass a multi-agency
background check, as it requires a 6C for access.

No b.s.: we are going through transition to a new
prime on the support contract, so things are kinda
crazy and people aren't dealing with the change
well.  But, the enviro is stable and we have quite
reasonable change control process in place to my
mind.

We have dev, test and prod, and they are used as
they are intended.

Stuff we use: Veritas Cluster, Oracle, Netbackup, Solaris
8, 9, and soon, 10 (for "utility servers"), rsync, Disk Suite,
VxVM (on the clusters only), WebSphere, ColdFusion,
IBM HTTPd (Apache), TeamSite, F5 loadbalancers,
Lantronix secure consoles, and a variety of Sun hardware.
Rotating on-call pager.

Position supports both intranet web sites and extranet
web sites, plus developers and the technical people in
the government (who in a nice twist, are quite clueful).

The salary seems to be in the top tier for full-time
regular from what I've seen as the "going" rate around
here for Solaris SA's.  Educational benefits from the
prime are quite good.

Currently, we are in downtown DC across the street
from a Metro station.  We may be relocated to another
site in MD, but that is up in the air b/c of the prime
change.

If you are interested, hit me up in private email.  I'll be
handing resumes off directly to my manager.

Thanks--
=Nadine=