[geeks] gmail from pocket outlook?

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 07:15:15 CDT 2005

On 6/28/05, Chad McAuley <chizad at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just tried this on my Sprint PPC6600 and had no problems sending
messages.
> Maybe Verizon is doing something screwy on their end?

I've set up an account on my server which has pop3/imap/smtp all w/ssl
and it works ok. So it's something with gmail possibly and the version
of pocket outlook on the vx6600 (the version I have is the one with
the digicam that was released not too long ago).

Do any of the pocket pc with CDMA and/or GSM (like the vx6600 and your
Ppc6600) have the VGA resolution instead of QVGA? Netfront on VGA is a
fairly nice browser experience (simulating 800x600 in landscape mode).
This thing (the vx6600) is not replacing my laptop+cellphone at all,
not even close.

Francois