[geeks] Symbios SCSI: 8951U or 8952U?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Jun 3 18:53:55 CDT 2005

I have found a good deal on a Symbios SCSI controller to upgrade my
aging non-LVD Adaptec controller.

Actually, two of them.

One is an SYM8951U and the other is an SYM8952U.

I need to know what the difference is.  LSI seems to have removed their
information about anything older than 5 years, and Google returns too
much junk to wade through right now.

They look physically very close with the 2U having some extra chips near
the back edge of the card.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The strength of the Constitution lies
entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it.  Only if every