[geeks] LCD display options

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Feb 25 13:38:12 CST 2005

Kevin wrote:
> I suspect my next setup will be something like that as well.  I'm
> used to 20" and 24" CRTs, but i think i could get used to dual
> 19" or so.  My UT2003 games might be a bit lower rez but i can
> live with that.

I've been thinking about that too.

I love my 19" Sony CRT, but the display is dimming, and I don't believe
it is cost effective to have that problem repaired.

But, it does 1600x1200 nicely, which is really nice when you are doing
photo editing.  In fact, higher resolution would be nice too.

LCDs which can do 1600x1200, and with fast response time, aren't cheap.

I've thought about getting one decent 19" LCD that does 1280x1020, and
later get a second one, but I'd really hate to drop resolution.

Even 1400x1050 would be OK, it's at least a nice 1.33 ratio.

Does anyone know who makes Dell's CRTs?