[geeks] Solaris Partitioning for Postgres

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Feb 24 13:13:08 CST 2005

" From: Al Literi <aliteri at gmail.com>
"
" Hi All,
"
" What would be the optimal partitioning scheme for a 2x9 GB drives in
" Ultra 1 Enterprise, 170 MHz, 512 MB RAM. I don't remember offhand
" whether I can go more RAM for this one, but I will if it is the case.

1G - 8x128M - is the max ram.

optimal depends a lot on what you plan to do with it.  i have 2x9g in
my ultra20, and i'm setting it up with mirrored root, and unmirrored
swap, /var, and /export.