[geeks] LCD display options

Mike Parson mparson at bl.org
Wed Feb 23 18:32:53 CST 2005

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 02:22:56PM -0800, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Dave Fischer wrote:
>> Am I the only person who still likes greyscale monitors?
>
> Personally, I've never liked greyscale monitors (or TVs, or movies).  My
> world isn't greyscale; why should my monitor be?

Greyscale might as well be color, for me.  If I'm going that route, I
like a nice 1 bit black and white display. *pats his SLC*

But I tend to work in text, anyone that knows me knows I run X to get a
bit xterm to run screen in.  X just lets me get more characters on the
screen than the console generally does.

> TO repeat a question I've heard elsewhere:  Some people dream in
> greyscale, some in color.  But did anyone ever dream in greyscale before
> the invention of photography?

Philosophical question, to be sure, but physiologically, we have rods
and cones, they detect light and color, it's possible to lose your color
sight, but still see the world in shades of grey, so, I guess it might
be possible for your brain to shut down the color parts when you're
dreaming. *shrug*  I definately don't know what I'm talking about. =)

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org