[geeks] Composite -> VGA adapters

Mike Parson mparson at bl.org
Wed Feb 23 09:44:23 CST 2005

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 04:09:26AM +0000, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm looking for pointers to connect a composite video signal to a VGA
> monitor - the actual application is to connect my soon to be delivered
> Apple I Replica (http://www.syngress.com/catalog/?pid=3180) to a VGA
> monitor connector.
>
> Ideally, I want to put the Apple I Replica on a KVM with it's PS/2
> keyboard and (now) VGA monitor connector - no mouse support :^(
>
> Any pointers? Looks like a $100 problem right now...

They exist.  I saw one at Fry's this weekend, unfortunately, don't
remember the brand/cost. =) I bought a similar device back in '98 from
aimslab.com, but they went out of business about a year later.  A friend
of mine currently has it, uses it to watch DVDs and play his Game Cube
games on a 19" monitor (he doesn't have a functional TV).

And yeah, IIRC, it was about a $100 solution.

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org