GUI flaws... was Re: [geeks] Oh yeah, another problem I see with Solaris 10...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Feb 22 11:13:31 CST 2005

Mon, 21 Feb 2005 @ 22:26 -0800, Phil Stracchino said:

> "This system is configured with NFS version 4, which uses a default
> domain name that is automatically derived from the system's name
> services, blah blah blah blah ....   Do you need to override the
> system's default NFS version 4 domain name?"
>
> Well gee, I don't KNOW, seeing as how you haven't told me what it *is*.

You gotta love software that asks what you want to do about problems it
hasn't described yet.

Windows and Gnome programs do this kind of thing all the time.  You'll
get a dialog box that says:

	|  !   ERROR: file could not be opened.  |
	|                 OK                     |

It doesn't tell you what file, what error, or even what program the
dialog came from.

Gah!

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [governorrhea: a contagious disease that
spreads from the governor of a state downward through other offices and his