[geeks] Opinions on Pegasos?

kurt at k-huhn.com kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Feb 18 14:08:45 CST 2005

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 09:01:06PM +0100, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:50:20 -0500
> kurt at k-huhn.com wrote:
>
> > > There is the Mac mini also. About the same cost as the PegasosII G4.
> > Less, even.  The one I got for my wife was $499 shipped next day.
> > RAM, CD, and HD included.  :)
> Well. If you want 80 GB HD and 512 MB RAM in the Mac mini...
>
> The Mac mini has also the limitation of no PCI slots / expandability at
> all and 100 MBit/s Ethernet only. The Pegasos has (unfortunately only 33
> MHz 32 bit) PCI, PATA, a 10/100 and a 10/100/1000 MBit/s Ethernet
> interface. So it is OK that it is a bit more $$$.

All you wierdos with your all-singing-all-dancing-minature-motherboards.  :)

What I don't understand, is why all these minature boards don't come with a
similarly sized expansion system - PCMCIA or CPCI for instance.

--
Kurt Huhn          "I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
kurt at k-huhn.com                   -- Adam Savage