[geeks] Solaris 10 install on Ultra5/270MHz

Mike Meredith mike at redhairy1.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 18 13:16:52 CST 2005

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:44:57 -0500, Ido Dubrawsky wrote:
> Has anyone had success installed the Solaris 10 GA release (03/05) on
> an Ultra 5?  I've tried installing it on an Ultra 5/270MHz I have here

Yes. I've got (at work) an ultra5 that is repeatedly installing S10 off
a jumpstart server (jumpstart doesn't want to apply site.xml).

> at the house and it won't boot off CD #1.  It's got 320MB of memory
> and I was under the impression that 200+ MHz CPUs would be supported.

That's more memory than mine has. As to CPU ... it's anything USII or
greater that is supported. It's possible you have a marginal burn on
your CD ... the DVD I have works fine in a colleague's Blade150 but
won't boot on my Blade2000.