[geeks] Music & technology

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 09:40:56 CST 2005

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:56:37 -0500, Atom <rescue at port11.net> wrote:
> Francois Dion wrote:
> >There's also a quiz for you. Look at the titles and try to guess what
> >they represent. Several should be obvious. Others... we'll see how
> >good you are.

So no takers on the challenge?

> >This is electronica, ranging from your usual (if there is such a
> >thing) techno to some more obscure stuff. BTW, the MC202 was a rescue
> >from a yard sale! (it's not a computer, altough it's computer
> >controlled).
> >
> >http://www.cimastudios.com/fdion/
> >

> I want an 303 :-( want!

MIT will offer a kit in about 2 months that is basically a TB303 with
midi and USB...

> I used to have an 626 to sync an roland juno1 over midi.

Ah yes, fun stuff sync and CV and all that jazz. I used an old Roland
MPU401 until late 90s due to that. I've never owned, in fact never
even seen a 626 in person. I own a TR-505 and a TR707 also.

> And a bunch of other external hardware. Now i'm using mostly virtual
> instruments.
>
> http://atom.port11.net/bomb/

Track 9, electrones, at the beginning, with the dx-7 type percussive
bell sound (or whatever FM synth), it sounds like Matrix 6 or 1000 and
some Sequential Circuits sounds? Samples or soft synths?

Francois