[geeks] Carly's Gone!!!

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Feb 9 17:14:50 CST 2005

" From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
"
" On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 17:07:39 -0500 (EST)
" adh at an.bradford.ma.us (Sandwich Maker) wrote:
"
"
" > but we can hope they'll also revisit the non-itanic programs and
" > re-evaluate them.
" That is my hope too. PA-RISC delivers a lot of performance per MHz. But
" they didn't develope a real new core since the PA-8000. Everything since
" then is a cooked up PA-8000. Much like SGI did with the R1[246]k since
" the R10k.

that's fair enough though; per original timetable itanics in pa-risc
emulation were supposed to have completely replaced real pa-risc by
now, so no new core need was anticipated.

" Then think of the things that where invented on / for Alpha and that are
" now soled by intel (HyperThreading) and AMD (HyperTransport).

that sort of thing makes me sick.