[geeks] Firewall *needed* behind home (NAT) router

Mike Meredith mike at redhairy1.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 14:01:25 CST 2005

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 14:28:13 -0500, Francois Dion wrote:
> I think Lionel's network doesn't qualify for "simple" :)

Perspective. In addition to 'real' work, I run a firewall for a
University ... an old class B allocation, approaching 8000 hosts, more
than 100 subnets, 5 'security domains', 1 Gbit link. Even that isn't
especially complex, so a home network looks fairly simple to me.

> For firewall, Solaris 10 with ipf is pretty solid, imho.

That's what I'll be running once I get my network re-organised into a
shape that would case anyone with any sense to fall about laughing.