[geeks] Plopcasting

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Dec 28 03:01:24 CST 2005

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005, Dwight Wallbridge wrote:

> Does no one edit the audio file?

Nope.  The audio source forks; one fork hits this box, and the other
hits the transmission tower.  It is specifically unedited, as they want
to preserve all the advertisements (how CARP affects that isn't my
deal) and basically have things as-is.

> As for Apple and their implementations, I really can't say why it
> doesn't work. Looking at my podcast's iTunes page, it does seem to me
> that the image you add there may actually be dictating the image used
> on your iTunes Music Store page, since that is what is on mine.

That's entirely possible.

> Does the documentation on Apple's site specifically say it impact on
> the file as played in iTunes? Could you provide a link to the Apple
> documentation? I find their site very hard to navigate myself.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/techspecs.html

   xml tag          channel   item    where content appears in iTunes
   <itunes:image>   Y                 same location as album art

> Also, is it possible to provide a link to the podcast and/or publisher?

Once this thing is live, it'll be advertised in the usual spots.  The
station's web page (not my fault) is at:

   http://www.kcaaradio.com/

They'll just be archiving the local talent.  The nationally-syndicated
shows will take care of themselves.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Buy the best there is, because it's sorry enough."
Elgin, TX         (                                      --Henry Zuehlke