[geeks] amazon book reviews, something's fishy

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Dec 8 16:03:17 CST 2005

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

>> Perhaps he ran Oracle on VMS or OS/390.
>
> ...and the finger-bleeding insanity of VMS commands didn't bother him?

I guess it depends on what you're used-to.  If I had never used Unix
(but had used MS-DOS), I think I'd be able to approach VMS much more
easily than Unix.  However, I was writing C code before I'd ever used
Unix, so Unix just feels right to me.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Buy the best there is, because it's sorry enough."
Elgin, TX         (                                      --Henry Zuehlke