[geeks] amazon book reviews, something's fishy

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Wed Dec 7 10:13:06 CST 2005

Francois asked:

> ...but I guess this leads to my next question, what's a web site
that's
actually usefull in looking up book reviews?

   Well, it's light in reviews so far (especially in technical titles),
but www.librarything.com is growing quickly. You could find the book you
want and ask its owner what (s)he thinks on their Profile page -- or at
least find someone with similar books and ask them.
   The site has over a million books in the combined catalogs, and
people are now turning their attention to tags (e.g., "fiction,"
"borrowed," and "useless" are three of my own) and writing reviews.
   Just a thought.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt