[geeks] Firewall recommendation?

Tue Dec 6 16:12:43 CST 2005

> And for amusement, ask someone from Cisco about stateful inspection
> of ICMP applications.  At least the people we've asked can't
> understand the question.

Heck, I'm not sure *I* understand the question.  Perhaps this is
because I've yet to see an application that uses ICMP for anything,
arguably aside from ping/traceroute (which to me are diagnostic tools
rather than applications).  Perhaps it's because I'm not sure what kind
of statefulness even makes sense for ICMP applications, assuming they
exist.  Perhaps there's something else I'm missing....

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca