[geeks] Status of Pyzor?

Ido Dubrawsky idubraws at dubrawsky.org
Mon Dec 5 10:29:55 CST 2005

Does anyone know the status of the Pyzor check in SpamAssassin.  I'm using
MailScanner and whenever I turn Pyzor on it just hangs the whole process.
Is that still a working project or is it dead?  Also, anyone have experience
with MailScanner?  It seems to be letting more spam through than anything
else.  I was having a problem with the previous version that SpamAssassin would
timeout.  I tried a variety of things that I read about on the 'net and on
MailScanner's wiki but to now avail... I just upgraded to the newer version and
I'm trying to see if SA is better behaved but I'm not sure it's scanning like
it's supposed to.  I've even used the MailScanner supplied SA and ClamAV
install but at this point I'm focusing on debugging SA.  Anyone with experience
or thoughts about MailScanner?

Ido
Ido Dubrawsky, CISSP           		E-mail:          ido at dubrawsky.org
Network Security Architect			   idubraws at siliconsec.com