[geeks] [rescue] Video card request

Steve Haavik shaavik at soc.lib.md.us
Thu Dec 1 07:46:07 CST 2005

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> I thought Sid Meier works for Firaxis.

He does. If you look at their site you'll see that pretty much everything
they've come out with has a name that starts with "Sid Meier's".

I like a lot of what they've done with Civ4. I especially like being able
to zoom all the way in (for a close up look at a city) and all the way out
(for the world view), but I honestly don't need all the fancy graphics.
I like the way they've made the game smarter. You don't need to
micro-manage everything any more (you can, but you don't have to.) The
overall game speed feels much faster. I think I've had a couple full
games (4000 BC to 2050 AD) now that took less than 6 hours (as opposed to
a week of 5 or 6 hour nights.) Of course, I still really bad at these
games. So far I've lost more games to the barbarians than to the other
civs (that is playing on the easiest level.) :(