[geeks] Scriptable Video Processing

Michael Dombrowski ab1244 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 7 19:49:18 CDT 2005

Like Bill, we have a CVS video camera that we have
been lofting in some RC planes of ours to take video.
(Which reminds me, I thought I saw a mention somewhere
of increasing the resolution to 640x480, anyone know
anything about this?) One rather neat thing that I've
done is use the _fabulous_
Autopano-SIFT/Hugin/Enblend/PTSticher combo along with
dumped frames from the video to create aerial
panoramas. Currently, I take a couple seconds of
stable video, dump the frames out, and use every fifth
or so to create my panoramas. What I would really like
is a scriptable video processing program that I could
use to say stuff like dump every 10th frame or where
>%30 difference from previous frame; whichever happens
first. Anyone know of any such program?

Thanks
Mike