[geeks] hell freezes over

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Aug 3 13:53:04 CDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 08:06:53PM +0200, Jonathan Groll wrote:
> Very, very sad when you consider spending $50 on a mouse instead of
> expanding the U1/5 collection ;-) But they do look soo nice.

I dont have room for U1s or U5s anymore after moving..  and I use
my Mac at home for darned near *everything*.  All the other boxes
(except the Windows machine, which shares a KVM with the Mac mini)
are headless.

My complete system list:

- iMac G5 (17", 1G RAM) - my primary home workstation
- Mac mini 1.25Ghz (512M) - anniversary gift from my wife
- 32-bit Windows AMD x86 box (Sempron 2500+, 1G RAM, 80G IDE)
- Dell PowerEdge SC420 (P4 Celeron 2.53Ghz, 1G RAM, 160G SATA, Linux)
- iBook G4 (800Mhz)
- Sun E420R (4x450Mhz, 4G RAM) - ohno.mrbill.net / SunHELP
- Sun U60 (2x450Mhz, 2G RAM) - OpenSolaris / LDAP test box here @ work
- A few tiny Mini-ITX boxes for things like backups, Asterisk, etc

I got rid of all my spare Sun, DEC, etc, equipment when I had to move from
Austin to Houston six months ago.  life/work and available space (as well
as desire to not become a home for wayward computers that I dont have time
to work with) trumped over desire to be a packrat.

I'd love an Ultra 20, but cant afford it right now (and SunHELP's
revenues barely cover expenses; its a break-even situation).

Bill

--
bill bradford
houston, texas