[geeks] Wiki recommendations? [fork of head explodey thread]

Ross Lonstein ross-sunhelp at lonsteins.com
Thu Apr 7 15:03:01 CDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 08:41:23PM +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 10:59:51 -0400, velociraptor wrote:
> > What wiki software?  Anyone else have any Wiki preferences (or "avoid
> > like the plague" warnings?  It's not going to be big (we only have
> > about 50 servers), but needs to run on Solaris.
>
> I've been running Twiki (http://www.twiki.org). It's Perl based and
> stores data in the filesystem rather than in a database. Runs fine on
> Solaris.
>
> How it compares to other Wiki's, I have no idea.
    [snip]

I'll make that comparison... It's easy to set and just as easy as
Kwiki or pmWiki, it has many features including support for
authentication and protected wikis/subwikis, a plugin system, the code
was crufty as all get out when I looked in May 2003 but is supposedly
improving. Kwiki lacks authentication out of the box but has good code
(but no documentation for the code... philosophical reasons,
supposedly). pmWiki has authentication and somewhat granular access
control and the code is fairly nice.

- Ross