[geeks] my head just went explodey

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Apr 4 15:05:59 CDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 01:33:26PM -0500, Eric Gustafson wrote:

> That's why I'm all about Common Lisp, and Erlang these days.
>
> Good luck to me ever getting a job using either one.

I'd love to be able to use either.  My main obsticle is not being
disallowed.

With Common Lisp, I have no idea how to be realtime-ish, nor how to
efficiently built of FFI libraries.  The same applies to erlang.

For $current_project (which is a box that does realtime video processing
and some audio processing as well) it would seem that having two C
threads and the rest in erlang would be brilliant, especially as I later
try to add things like a web interface and SNMP management, but I
haven't been able to figure out how to put it altogether.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/