[geeks] ht access question

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at plexus.com
Mon Apr 4 09:40:23 CDT 2005

I'm new at supporting a web server facing the internet.  Evening_job
has a directory we'd like to provide limited access to for a select
group of users.  The user base won't churn, and we'll add more people
as time passes.

.htpasswd seems ideal,* save that I don't want to get into the business
of managing _their_ passwords.  I'd thought of writing a simple script
to allow _them_ to change passwords but before I dig into the thing ..
surely someone else has done this and posted the results?  I'm loathe
to duplicate work.

* If someone has a better idea I'd love to hear it.

Brian Dunbar
System Administrator II
Desk: (920) 751-3364
Cell: (920) 716-2027