[geeks] my head just went explodey

Caleb Shay calebshay at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 19:25:34 CDT 2005

On Apr 3, 2005 7:33 PM, Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
<snip>
> I'm fairly certain I can boast that I have seen the worst written, most
> bloated WWW application in world history.
>
> Or has someone else seen something worse?

Dating site I helped a coworker with.  60,000+ members at the time.
Each user's info was stored in its own text file.  Every time you did
a search a perl program opened and parsed EVERY SINGLE FILE!

The way I helped him with it was to teach him rudimentry SQL and write
a script to import all of his text files into mysql.  Not sure he ever
actually did it though.

Caleb