[geeks] ping

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Nov 28 19:39:12 CST 2004

> From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net>
> Date: 2004/11/27 Sat PM 06:51:58 GMT
> To: patrick at zill.net,  The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [geeks] ping

> And two make it worse, we have MCI service, but that doesn't change it
> being verizon lines.

My Mother in-law has a similar setup, voice is OK, but data calls are impossible...

> I keep meaning to switch back, but they won't accept such calls from me
> at the times I'm able to call them.  MCI swore they would save us money,
> and so my wife wanted to try it.  Turns out it is costing $20 more per
> month than verizon did.

The market that MCI operated in for such services made no sense (IMHO) - they bought discounted services from Verizon, marked them up so0me number less than the discount from Verizon and make:

<underpants gnome>
Big Profits!
</underpants gnome>

Of course, the whole value proposition is based on Verizon providing equal service to these lines, and MCI never needing to roll a truck to your location...

I think Verizon found a way out from under these discounte dreseller agreements - when they degrade,  don't fix them! ;^)

Best of luck switching back - can't you call at lunch, or even *gasp* send them a letter?