[geeks] retro magazine fun

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Nov 16 16:30:37 CST 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, David L Kindred (Dave) wrote:

> Up to a point, yes.  In the era when "building your own computer" meant
> using a soldering iron and/or a wire-wrap tool, and cassette tape was
> still a storage medium, Byte was a good magazine.

Well, I'll probably just be soldering my wires in place and using a WDC
floppy interface for storage, but, just because magazines don't "go
there" doesn't mean those days are gone.

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "I've built my whole system with [-fomit-frame-pointer]
Elgin, TX        (   cause it was recomended...as I don't care if a program