[geeks] retro magazine fun

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Nov 16 12:53:38 CST 2004

As we're closing down the Austin office of the company I work for, people
are throwing away lots of books and magazines so they don't have to haul
them home or to Houston.

I just scored a few years' worth of UnixWorld (aka Open Computing, etc)
from '92-96.  A couple of the key cover articles I've run across:

"NeXTStep for Intel - does Steve Jobs have a future in software?" (4/93)

"Special PowerPC Report - The New Chip On The Block" (3/94)

Too bad magazines like this don't exist anymore.  I've even got a special
SCO-centric issue.. :)  In a couple of months, I'll scan and post humorous
or interesting things when I have a chance to go through all of these.

Bill

--
bill bradford
austin texas