[geeks] ping

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Nov 13 08:02:19 CST 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Bill Bradford wrote:

> I've been out (off work) with pneumonia since Tuesday the 2nd.  I turned
> 30 on Friday the 5th, but was really too sick to notice.  Didn't get
> anything for my birthday anyway. :(

Blargh.  I'm glad you're at least feeling well enough to check in here.

> This past week (8th-12th) was supposed to be my vacation, but I spent it
> in bed recovering - I've never been this sick before in my life.

Pneumonia is a bitch--it KILLS people, with good frequency.  Be happy
that you're tough enough to kick it, even with your starting
disadvantage of having a smoker in the house.

> Today, I go called at 9:30am, woken up, and $WORK begged me to come in
> and fix a cluster problem.  I got there, spent an hour working on it,
> then had to go spend an hour and a half at the doctor getting more
> chest x-rays done.

Ugh.  When do they think you'll finish shaking this crap?

> SWMBO leaves for TN tomorrow.  Monday starts three days in which we
> completely shut down the Austin office of $WORK, ship machines to
> Houston, and scrap most of what's left (JP, I'll hook you and Doc up
> if I have the chance).

That plus your birthday being last a week ago sounds like it adds up to
a good reason to snag some 'Q at Rudy's or Artz.

> Monday and Tuesday the 22nd and 23rd I have to spend at our HQ in
> Houston, bringing the "Austin Datacenter" back to life in a corner
> of the HQ datacenter,

Where's it at?  I might know some neat places to go, eat, and do stuff
in the area.  I sure miss Houston sometimes (but never in the summer!).

> IM HAVING SO MUCH FUN!

I bet.  Just hang in there.

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "I've built my whole system with [-fomit-frame-pointer]
Elgin, TX        (   cause it was recomended...as I don't care if a program