[geeks] ping

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Nov 12 21:15:13 CST 2004

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 08:30:03PM -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> Bah, mostly a day off for me.  I took it off so that I could deal with
> HVAC folks that never showed up. :/

I've been out (off work) with pneumonia since Tuesday the 2nd.  I turned
30 on Friday the 5th, but was really too sick to notice.  Didn't get anything
for my birthday anyway. :(

This past week (8th-12th) was supposed to be my vacation, but I spent it in
bed recovering - I've never been this sick before in my life.  Today, I got
called at 9:30am, woken up, and $WORK begged me to come in and fix a cluster
problem.  I got there, spent an hour working on it, then had to go spend an
hour and a half at the doctor getting more chest x-rays done.

SWMBO leaves for TN tomorrow.  Monday starts three days in which we completely
shut down the Austin office of $WORK, ship machines to Houston, and scrap most
of what's left (JP, I'll hook you and Doc up if I have the chance).  Monday
and Tuesday the 22nd and 23rd I have to spend at our HQ in Houston, bringing
the "Austin Datacenter" back to life in a corner of the HQ datacenter, and
then renumbering things and establishing contact with the newly relocated
mini-Austin office and the machines there.

IM HAVING SO MUCH FUN!

bill (sorry there, didn't mean to cough on you..)

--
bill bradford
austin texas