[geeks] a minor victory

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Nov 10 03:56:02 CST 2004

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 08:54:10PM -0700, Dan Duncan wrote:
> All this talk about asterisk has motivated me to do some reading
> and now I'm convinced I'd like to give it a try.  I don't see
> anything obvious on newegg that would be the Wildcard (assuming
> it's still there.)  Could someone help me find it?

Or just do an eBay search for "X100P".

All these were eBay purchases, although the sellers also sell the same
items for roughly the same price off their normal websites:

I got my Wildcard clone from Digit Networks:
http://www.digitnetworks.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=28

Got my Grandstream BudgeTone 101 from The VoIP Connection:
http://www.thevoipconnection.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=16140&cat=&page=

And my copy of "VoIP Telephony with Asterisk" from Signate:
http://www.signate.com/book.htm

I *highly* recommend the book, even through its $50.

Now that I'm almost well from being down with pneumonia for a week, maybe
I can actually start making these pieces work with each other. :)  Got the
Wildcard working under Fedora Core 2 on the tiny-PC, now I just need to
setup the phone and everything else.

Bill

--
bill bradford