[geeks] Re: [rescue] It's official, the U.S. is screwed for 4 more years

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Nov 9 16:37:33 CST 2004

Mon, 08 Nov 2004 @ 20:09 -0800, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez said:

> It goes both ways, a lot of Demos did not care much for
> Bill really.

So why did they vote for him?

Around here, the democrats are always the ones who vote along party
lines.  Despite the reputation (according to the news media anyway) of
being inflexible, it always seems to me it is the republicans that
primarily consider the individual instead of the party.

I also find nearly every alternative party voter I meet, except for
Nader's party, is a former republican.

> And in fact I am amazed at the visceral
> hatred that some elements of the republican party
> displayed for Clinton, since a lot of his policies where
> to the rigth of Nixon really.

...if that happened to be what people wanted to hear, yes.

In any case, it wasn't Clinton's position that caused the dislike, it
was other things.

Besides, if you don't like Clinton or Kerry's position on something,
just wait a few minutes, and it will change.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [4649 5920 4320 204e 4452 5420 5348 5920 4820
2056 2054 434d 2048 4d54 2045 204e 5259 4820 444e 0a53]