[geeks] Re: Re: being reasonable...[was ...screwed for 4 more years...]

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Tue Nov 9 17:09:25 CST 2004

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 05:54:30PM -0500, velociraptor wrote:
> Geeks are motivated by intellectual challenges, and when faced with an
> "interesting problem" will set aside their issues with just about
> everyone on just about any topic, and set to the hard work of finding
> a solution.  I think that's why a lot of us stick with jobs that we
> find absolutely frustrating for so long--in spite of the frustration,
> their are interesting problems to solve, and that has more weight with
> us.  Even if the stress of the rest of the job is grinding us into
> hamburger.

Amen to that.

(Which is why when my manager at STI tried to "help" by cutting down my
duties, it only made matters worse, because the duties she took away
were the only ones that were INTERESTING.)

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net