[geeks] Re: [rescue] It's official, the U.S. is screwed for

Dave Fischer dave at cca.org
Tue Nov 9 16:50:04 CST 2004

brian.dunbar at plexus.com writes:

>On Nov 9, 2004, at 10:43 AM, velociraptor wrote:
>>
>> Not trying to argue for one side of the morality fence or the other,
>> just noting that a discussion of morals is pointless without a
>> contextual framework--i.e. what's the situation--to my way of
>> thinking.

>I think that's why I prefer working on the technical side of things -
>software isn't contextual, it either works or it doesn't, and there is
>always a reason why.

James Clark had a nice quote about academia versus business along
those lines. Something about only having to impress real people
who buy hardware...

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
---- Altamont Freeway Concert Bloopers Vol VI: Head Wounds (VHS & DVD) ----