[geeks] Re: [rescue] It's official, the U.S. is screwed for 4 more years

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Mon Nov 8 19:08:03 CST 2004

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 23:38:47 +0000
  Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:

> No, I was thinking more along the lines of "driver
>School" - teach them how to commit suicide. "Teach a man
>to fish..."

A few years ago a bunch of Spanish doctors wrote a very
controversial book titled "The Suicide Manual." Their
motivation was that they were tired of seeing morons
coming to their emergency rooms after failed suicide
attemps. Their point was that if you are going to do it,
you might as well do it right, so you save your
embarrasment when taken to the  hospital, and you do not
waste valuable time and taxpayer's money. Their first
chapter was pretty much on how to identify suicidal
behavior first... since suicide is the culmination of a
possible mental condition left untreated or undiagnosed.