[geeks] Re: [rescue] It's official, the U.S. is screwed for 4 more years

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Sun Nov 7 09:24:35 CST 2004

>What's really sad is that I just heard maybe a few hours ago from my
>mother who told me that a young man (25 years) killed himself today
>because Bush was reelected. Now, I may not like our country's choice
>for president, but chreeist, people need to lighten up. (I'm not able
>to dig up a citation just yet, but IIRC, she heard it on a California
>radio station). To leave just because of an election is a bit much,
>although it could be the straw-that-broke-the-camels back sort of
>phenomena.

Why do you think I used the word "cult".  Sheeple do get wound
up in things unfortunately.  It could be the "STBTCB" phenomena
because we don't know what else was going on in that person's life.
>From what I read, there was no suicide note, so they're just guessing.
 Nobody really knows what is going on inside someone's head.
 (And the day the govenment has the "right" to that is the day I
leave ;->)   To keep it in perspective, there were over 275 million who
didn't kill themselves over the election results. Guess what?  In four
years we get to go through this nonsense again.  At least Bush won't
get in (ha,ha!).