[geeks] Re: [rescue] It's official, the U.S. is screwed for 4 more years

Matthew Braun geeks at leydenjar.com
Sat Nov 6 21:14:12 CST 2004

> Fri, 05 Nov 2004 @ 01:12 +0000, wa2egp at att.net said:
>
>> I find it amazing that people agree to a system and when it doesn't
>> go their way, they want to bail.
>
> Exactly.

I don't know if that's a fair statement; I was born in this country and
(unless you believe we choose our parents) it wasn't a choice. I have
for many years been bothered by certain social and political issues
(the natures of which are irrelevant) and I wonder if my beliefs in a
social structure might be more compatible with another nation. I've
only lived in one other country (and only for 6 months), but I'd like
to live in others to see if this is as good as it gets or not. Only
if/when I come back could I say I *chose* this system.

--
"I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's;
I will not reason and compare: my business is to create."