[geeks] Re: It's official, the U.S. is screwed for 4 more years

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at mail.zill.net
Thu Nov 4 11:42:02 CST 2004

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 02:19:59PM +0200, Michael-John Turner wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 12:07:59PM -0500, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
>
> Hmm... Can't comment on any of the other countries, but I don't
> consider South Africa to be "in the toilet" or regressing to
> trbalism. Of course it has issues (crime, etc), but so does
> every country (and I'm pretty happy to be living here).

Thabo Mbeki's praise of and support for Mugabe don't worry you at all?

Increased rape, murder, crime don't point to something bad happening?

I am just asking...  Perhaps the reality is better than what I read
online about SA.

Can you comment a bit on the changes if any to police staff over the
last few years?  Some claim as many as 25% of police are functionally
illiterate?

--Patrick