[geeks] Recommendations for DSL router?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Nov 2 04:23:46 CST 2004

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 10:40:47AM +0200, Michael-John Turner wrote:
> Hi
> I'm looking at moving from dial-up to DSL  - does anyone have a DSL
> router they can recommend? I don't need any extras like a built-in
> switch, etc although wireless access point functionality would be a
> nice-to-have. I'll be using a FreeBSD box as a firewall.
> -mj

I just use the DSL bridge (speedstream 5100) that SBC gave me, and
have a Linksys/Cisco WRT54G AP/router/etc between that and all of my
systems.

With the custom firmware (its actually a tiny Linux box) from
sveasoft.com, its the best home "firewall" or router that I've
ever had, and they cost about $65.

Bill

--
bill bradford