[geeks] Free Space Optics

David Selders david.selders at malleable.org
Fri Mar 19 15:47:25 CST 2004

Does anyone out there have any experience with free space optics
products from either Terabeam or Dominion Lasercom?  I'm working on a
project at $WORK where we are looking at using one of these two vendors
to connect  two buildings.  The buildings are about 6 small city blocks
apart, we are looking to get more bandwidth than what our local telco
can provide for a resonable price.  I don't have much experience with
eithr of this to companies nor the products they sell.  I'm getting a
lot conflicting opinions on the two.  I'll take any feedback/opinions
you have got.  Thanks!

--
David